The most famous:
- All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
Got these from Wikiquote:
- Each generation must be able to blame the previous generation for all its problems. It doesn't solve anything, but it makes us all feel better.
- on Schroeder: I think there must be a school someplace where musicians go to learn harmony, counterpoint and sarcasm!
- Linus criticizes her for being crabby all the time: Can I help it if I was born with crabby genes?
- to Schroeder: You fascinate me!
- Being crabby all day makes you hungry.
- Get out of my way! I feel Ultra-Crabby today!
- to Schroeder: If you really loved me you'd stop playing that piano and listen to me. (Schroeder plays louder.) I guess that's called answering without answering...
- when asked if she believes there is life on other planets: Absolutely not! If there were, they most certainly would have tried to contact me!
- when Charlie Brown asks her how she can be so consistently crabby: Never change a winning game!
- Lucy was dictating her letter to Santa Claus to Linus; Linus refused to write that Lucy had been "perfect" all year, and Lucy hit him: I have an opening for a new secretary... anyone care to apply?
- It's a scientific fact that girls are smarter than boys! And do you know who discovered it? WOMEN SCIENTISTS!
And my favorite...
- The crabby little girls of today are the crabby old women of tomorrow!
Yeah, having a particularly crabby day. Was looking for another Lucy quote that I had in a poster in my bedroom while I was growing up. Something about how this world would be a better place if only people listened to me. It's just a feeling that I have. I could be wrong. As Lucy once said:
- I never make a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.