Friday, December 29, 2006

About Us

Wala lang. I just googled "Ang Lingkod ng Panginoon" and came across this writeup, which from the looks of it seems to have been lifted from the official documents that we have in Lingkod. So here's a link to an article about Lingkod, the community that up until very recently, was my world.

I'm still very attached, obviously. What am I doing googling its name in the middle of the night? Tsk, tsk. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already. What happened, why the change you may ask? There's no drama and nothing unexpected occurred. The day just came, after seven years in the same branch, when I felt God was encouraging me to investigate a covenanted community. The desire for lifelong discipleship - not just for a period in my life - grew in me. I got invited to investigate too and after months of prayer, decided to let go of Lingkod as an active member and pursue this other community we also belong to, as a partner-in-mission. It's like I'm moving to a bigger house in the same compound. I already miss the small, cramped house with all the noise and the familiar faces, however.

Since the bigger house is opening its doors, I wouldn't want to miss this opportunity to walk right in and see if there's something in it for me. For life. In Christ's Youth in Action (CYA), our motto was Kay Kristo Buong Buhay Habambuhay. I stayed in Lingkod after CYA to continue living for Christ. Now it's time to move, I guess.

I'm a pilgrim and the journey continues.

No comments: