I was trying to recall the many blessings of the past year and I was in awe at my backlog in thanksgiving.
pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thess 5:16-18, ESV)
I thank the Lord for:
- My growing and loving family spread across the globe;
- My love for music, nurtured in my family, that allows me to sing, dance, train choirs, and play the piano;
- My job at CD Asia that allows me to explore my interests in writing, traveling, training, and speaking, while serving the legal profession, and within a Christian environment;
- My friends since grade school (Secrets), high school (Phinx), college, UP Law A' 99, Gabay friends, Lingkod QC, Tiguls, Lingkod nationwide, Lingkod National Office, Parish of St. Benedict, Youth Alive, POSH;
- My spiritual friends from MGL and the Cenacle;
- My nephews and godchildren;
- My service opportunities that bring me much joy and fulfillment, whether in the parish, Lingkod, Youth Alive, or other groups that invite me;
- Material blessings that abound, from friends and family, even in times of joblessness, which have allowed me to travel, drive, text, call, blog, eat, sleep... obviously, I not only survived, but lived well even during the lean years, especially the past six months;
- Work projects that have sustained me even if not on a fulltime basis; and
- This particular year to rest, heal, and recharge.
I will try to make this a habit from now on.