Friday, October 31, 2008

Today I Received an Icon

Clearly, this is one of the most magnificent things that I have ever received in my life.  I was awestruck when I received it.

There was a note that accompanied the gift, so I already knew what I was going to receive.  It was an icon, prepared by a person who was praying for me, among others, while he was making it.

The most familiar icon to Filipinos is that of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.  Icons are largely from the Orthodox or Eastern Christianity, but to a certain extent it is allowed for Roman Catholics (read more here).  

This looks like the icon that was given to me:


What a lovely way to end my day, to pray with gratitude and trust that all shall be well.  This is another reminder for me about the depth and the breadth of God's Love, that He sometimes sends through human messengers.

I am loved by God.  And I bask in it.