- Took the Retreat in Daily Life and met a new Spiritual Directress;
- Enrolled in a gym again and paid for a Personal Trainer;
- Bought my first Macbook;
- Reunited with a friend in need;
- Went to Cebu five times and to Davao two times, for work;
- Said goodbye to good friend and former spiritual director Fr. Geoffrey Coombe, mgl who went home to Australia;
- Played the piano again;
- Took a bold first step and did not regret it;
- Made Serendra/ Boni High Street my newest hangout; and
- Deepened my friendships with the people who mattered.
I am having the worst cramps ever so it's very difficult to write coherently. But I thank God for the many lessons of the past year - in handling my finances, in relating to my parents, in performing at work, and in acting on my feelings. It was a difficult year but I survived.
I do not know exactly what 2009 brings, but I approach it with hope that God has already gone before me and I only have to hold on to Him, and to never let go, so my steps will be sure. He has allowed things to unfold so that I have work cut out for me, relationships defined for me, and challenges waiting for me. I am not going to fuss over every detail; instead I will take it one day at a time and enjoy the ride.
After all, 2009 is the year when I will turn thirty-five. ;)