Thursday, October 28, 2004

To Submit and/or To Bear Fruit

From Psalm 1:

1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;

2 but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

Psalm 1, I learned during my Day of Prayer at the start of year 2004, was for me. Yes it contains the word "yield", which means to submit and/or to bear fruit and which I know is God's Word for me. Verse 3 assures me that I shall yield fruit in due season and in all that I do, I shall prosper.

Busyness during the year made me forget about this Psalm. Sometime August, I began to feel a restlessness that would not go away, and after hearing Psalm 1 again during the September anniversary prayer meeting, I felt assured once more that the Lord is speaking to me.

Then I started blogging and called this My Process of Yielding. I wrote about my plans and dreams here. I planned and dreamed some more until I went to Iloilo for eight days, where I laid everything before the Lord, for Him to show me which path to take. I asked Him what my Life Purpose or Mission was.

The sense that I got was Jeremiah 17:7-8, the theme for the conference, which was cross-referenced in Psalm 1. It's beginning to make sense.

Is it any easier to yield? Unfortunately, no. But at least I'm getting a clearer picture of where I'm headed. It's a long process.

To submit, yes, but to bear fruit in the end: this is my call. This is my hope.

No comments: