A time to make good use of this blogspace.
1. My Ilongga lawyer-friend-Lingkod-sister (the list would be too long if I mention all her links to me) Karreen Ballesteros is opening a stall for their famous Napoleones,the custard-filled flaky pastry with a sugar glaze that their family restaurant/bakeshop, Roli's, sells in Bacolod. It was sold in UP CASAA around the late '80's to early '90's and many UP Diliman freshmen would recognize it. The stall is located at the basement of SM Megamall Bldg. A, in front of Watson's. Great for gift-giving especially for Valentine's Day! :)
2. Steaks from Australia - T-bone, ribeye, etc. - are being sold for half their price at the local delis. Available once a week, you may email your orders through email@example.com and I'll be sure to forward them to distributors Martha and BJ Sazon, my friends since 1984! They're pre-seasoned and highly recommended! This isn't because they fed me for free last Christmas season.
3. Ang Lingkod ng Panginoon-Quezon City is starting to help out Anawim, a home of 55 abandoned elderly plus a few orphans and physically and mentally handicapped persons. Below is the e-mail of Imee Sioco, the one in charge of Lingkod QC's Works of Mercy. If you would like to donate or help out, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance!
We also found out that the primary need of our lolos and lolas are the medicines (specifically for hypertension). If any of you have the means to donate any of the following, pls pls do tell us. Below is the list of the medicines:
NIFEDIPINE (CARDICAP), (ADALAT)
TAMOFLEX (for Tita Neneng)
For coughs and colds
For Pain / Rheumatism (Analgesic / Liniment) DICLOFENAC SODIUM (VOLTAREN) ALLOPURINOL (LLANOL) IBUPROFEM (SKELAN) MOBIC ALAXAN (IBUPROFEN) TRAMADOL (SIVEROL) EFFICACENT OIL OMEGA PAIN KILLER SALONPAS
For Allergy / Antifungal
BETAMETHAZOLE (CHLORPHENAMINE MALEATE)
TROSYD OINTMENT / CANESTEINE OINTMENT / DERMOVATE
REVICON (for staffers/workers)
ENERVON-C (for staffers/workers)
VITAMIN B COMPLEX
They also need food stuff (rice, sugar, cooking oil, powdered milk, soy sauce, fresh eggs, etc) toiletries (soap, shampoo, alcohol, toothpaste, etc), cleaning materials (zonrox, cleanser, laundry bar,etc.) and other (battery -- black-AA, D & 9 volts, etc) needs. They also love fruits. We don't have to look far for our almsgiving this Lenten season.
4. This Valentine's, Ang Lingkod ng Panginoon - Quezon City invites all single professionals to "A Different Kind of Love", an acoustic night-party for Catholic singles who live or work near Quezon City. We'll be at the rooftop of Sterten Condominium (116 Maginhawa St., Teacher's Village, QC), Feb 14, 2005 7:30 p.m. Free entrance! We wish to celebrate God's love with all of you. Please email me if you're interested to attend this event.
5. We're also conducting Christian Life Program for single professionals every Monday, 7:30-10p.m. at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish beside Claret School in Quezon City. If you or your friends or lovedones would like to listen to basic Christian truths and to follow the Lord, well and meet gorgeous Lingkod people too, then please visit us or email me at lau_one@Yahoo.com for more details.
There! I feel like this was a worthwhile post. :)