Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sessions of Sweet Silent Thought

I grope for words these days largely because my brain is preoccupied by too many things and I hardly have time to compose anything coherent. There should be a sharing somewhere in my head but it has not been released yet.

Rather than squeeze my brain dry trying to express that which has not been processed, I would just borrow words from the Bard who seemed to go have gone through something akin to one of my recent experiences when he wrote the following sonnet.

SONNET 30
William Shakespeare

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste:
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in death's dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancell'd woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanish'd sight:
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.


Something like that. Past, sigh, waste, dateless; friends, losses, grievances, sorrows -these words tell the tale I want to weave. I'm not sure if I have the same ending. I wish this stage would end! Oh, I shall stop grieving over foregone grievances and accounting fore-bemoaned moans. May my losses be restored and these sorrows end. Perhaps when I find one such dear friend. That would be sweet.

No comments: