Sunday, July 20, 2008

Madrid 2011

Could this be my chance to visit Europe?  

Pope Benedict announced that the next World Youth Day will be held in Madrid, Spain.  Three years from now.  I cannot see the future but I can dream.

EWTN is on delayed telecast, so I read the news online about it here.  WYD has officially closed in Sydney but  my friends have several more days in Australia.  I can't wait to hear from them all that they had experienced and to remember that I, too, all the way here in Manila, have received the power of the Holy Spirit, just like WYD 08's theme goes.

Life is not neat these days but the only way to move on is to look brightly upon the future and believe that God has prepared the way already, and that He wants to shower His blessings.  I've missed several chances to visit Europe with my family and friends already.  I know, however, that at the right time, the desires that God had placed in my heart will be fulfilled.

I can see the Philippine flag on TV, being waved across Sydney.  Only 9 more days until July 29.

And 10 more days til I turn a year older.  But I claim that by 2011, I would still be young, as in the eyes of God, I would always be a child.  And that's mighty fine by me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ella!

Belated Happy happy Birthday sis! I wish you had a great one indeed!

I dream with you Europe!!! May God bless the desires of our hearts indeed!

May He shower you of unexpected blessings!