Thursday, July 12, 2007

Joseph the Forgiver

Here's a poignant picture of forgiveness from Genesis Chapter 45:
1
Joseph could no longer control himself in the presence of all his attendants, so he cried out, "Have everyone withdraw from me!" Thus no one else was about when he made himself known to his brothers.
2
But his sobs were so loud that the Egyptians heard him, and so the news reached Pharaoh's palace.
3
"I am Joseph," he said to his brothers. "Is my father still in good health?" But his brothers could give him no answer, so dumbfounded were they at him.
4
"Come closer to me," he told his brothers. When they had done so, he said: "I am your brother Joseph, whom you once sold into Egypt.
5
But now do not be distressed, and do not reproach yourselves for having sold me here. It was really for the sake of saving lives that God sent me here ahead of you.
This blogger further sayeth naught.

No comments: