Sunday, March 16, 2008

Now Showing: Papuri sa Diyos

This was the finale from last night's concert, "Dakilang Pag-Ibig". I was too lazy to leave my seat and I tried to catch the UP Filipiniana dancers but they were flying everywhere. You could just listen to the music. I have to admit, some versions sung by other choirs in the past have not given this song justice.

This is how "Papuri sa Diyos" should be sung. Majestic. With a full choir. And people dancing as a form of body worship.

It felt like Easter already.



“DAKILANG PAG-IBIG ALAY KAY FR. HONTI” featured performances by Pansol Choir, Canto Cinco, Tinig Barangka, Himig Heswita, Barangka Choir, TaƱong Choir, Bukas Palad, Hangad, Hontiveros Family, Musica Chiesa, and the UP Filipiniana Dance Group.

I'd like to thank especially Sr Susay Valdez for her inspiring solo, and Fr. Jboy for his inspired direction of the concert.

I've never met Fr. Honti but I grew up with his music. May more men and women follow his footsteps in creating Original Pilipino Liturgical Music.

No comments: