Saturday, April 09, 2005


I have never been prouder to be a Roman Catholic! Pope John Paul II's funeral mass, broadcast live throughout the world, gave me goosebumps. It was a Catholic, universal, mass and I felt God's embrace for the whole world right there! What do I know, for I am a simple Filipina with no knowledge of politics, but the sight of all the political and religious leaders on earth sitting side by side was enough to remind me that there is One God and He, through His servant JPII, loves His entire creation, without exception. Praying the Our Father was an awesome experience, as I shared it with millions around the world. Having the media focus on the beautiful tradition of the Church made me so happy, too. I cannot express how I feel. I thank Pope John Paul II for this wonderful gift, indeed the title of greatness is so fitting, and I would pray that you would become a saint soon! I thank God for calling me to be a Catholic at this time, in the Philippines where we are called to proclaim His message to our neighbors. I thank God for giving me hope through the events starting from Easter. There may be some confusion in my little world, but when I see that one man can make a difference, and One God is in control, I find peace. If this sounds like rambling, well, it is.  Posted by Hello

No comments: