Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A Starry Night with Divine Secrets of the QT Sisterhood

I bought 25 plates, forks, spoons and cups, hoping 25 women would gather for Sisters’ Night. It was just an estimate as the number could go higher or lower, with a Monday night schedule.

The sisters of Lingkod QC, new and not so new, all with star material since they came from the City of Stars, arrived. We shared a lovely meal and got to know each other better. We dined with Jobelle Salvador, Maila Gumila, Caselyn Francisco, Sushmita Sen, and other celebrities. We saw the usual faces and some comebacking queens.

We worshipped God as His daughters, and as one proclaimed Him as our Lord and Savior. We lifted our hearts to Him and leaned on His grace to sustain us through our troubles.

We played a game, Christian Guesstures, which I made up. Categories like the 10 Commandments, Beatitudes, Fruit of the Spirit, Armor of God, Story of Creation, Peter, Paul, Joseph and Mary, gave us a mini-Bible Quiz slash charades under extreme time pressure. It was hilarious. Most unforgettable actresses were Uma Thurman, Mia Prats, and … gosh I can’t remember the lookalike of Vine (Rock, Baby, Rock!).

We also celebrated the birthdays of Darleth and Maye, two of the younger sisters whose passion for God has served as inspiration for most of us.

Mega did not disappoint… she sang a couple of numbers, but it was only when most of the other sisters had gone home. Abby’s baon made the night different from all other nights. :)

The immutable F3 went out of their way to welcome us into their home. They cooked pasta and dessert, and even sang some of the night’s more memorable songs. The head-bangers met with the lovelorn and together came up with an interesting repertoire. We all have to thank the Lingkod QT women for the rains that poured last night. Cindy Crawford started it all, but Aiza Seguerra and Wednesday Addams (Christina Ricci) added to the downpour.

There were some starlets who joined us too but their names would be part of the Divine Secrets of the QT Sisterhood. It was an unforgettable night. Some announcements as to the future of Lingkod QC’s women were made, and we hailed our incoming leaders and new action group members.

When I got home, I counted in my head how many sisters arrived to party with us. The Holy Spirit must have whispered it to me previously, and He is never wrong – twenty-five women, to be exact. The Shepherd knows His sheep, and we know His voice, and we follow Him.

In today’s Gospel Jesus prayed to the Father for His disciples, making sure that they lived purposeful, fulfilled lives even after He is gone. He showed me once again an example of what I should be praying for, that the welfare of my sisters even after I have moved on should be foremost in my prayers. Jesus walked where I walked. He felt how I feel. He understands. That makes all the difference, and spurs me to face the future with anticipation and hope.

No comments: