Sunday, September 04, 2005

My Community, Lingkod QC

Where you belong... Kapamilya... Kapuso. When I think of these words, I have only one community in mind - Lingkod Quezon City. It has been my second home since 1999, yet the love I have for its people just grows everyday.

Tonight we shared one more memorable time of fellowship (read community parlance: this just means gimmick or hanging out) at the closing activity of the 2005 Women's Household. Since I'm not a part of the household, I was invited to give a talk last Thursday and to sleep over, and again tonight at their Lord's Day celebration, together with some brothers. We shared a beautiful meal together. This was followed by a hilarious but simple activity, wherein the sisters showcased some of their numbers from their E-night a week ago, relieved some treasured moments from our 1st sisters' Household last year, elicited surprise numbers from their guests (a preview of The Alan Silayan Show which would be re-launched for the anniversary celebration of Lingkod Greenhills next week), and rolled with laughter as we shot a music video for another important Lingkod event on Friday. I know that my ability to enjoy the company of brothers and sisters tonight was let loose because I'm no longer the uptight, stressed-out, burdened BWM. Life without worry is indeed pleasant.





From left - Jhing, Imee, Tina, Gay and Mercy, roommates from the best room in the house (the only one with an aircon, which they didn't use out of pakikisama with their less-fortunate housemates).

Mercy, Ria and Nenen - F3, walang kupas since 2003, with their hit song "Trenta Ka Na" dedicated to SG. I was asked later on why I didn't "censor" those lyrics when I was still BWM. My answer was, I couldn't hear the lyrics because people always howl with laughter whenever it's performed. :D
We capped the night with Night Prayers at the roofdeck of the building that they were able to use for three weeks as a blessing from God. I savored the few seconds after the last "Amen", when no one spoke out loud but all were communicating with God, in a circle, with the night breeze embracing us and a view of San Juan by night.
I'm happy to be a lingkod QT talaga. I bring this love with me when I'm with other Lingkod branches, and I always go home to it when I need to be refreshed and relaxed. Thank you, Lord of Quezon City and beyond, for giving me this beautiful gift.

No comments: